- Has the area been thoroughly ventilated and arrangements been made for the space to be continuously ventilated throughout the period of occupation and during work breaks?
- Is there adequate illumination provided ?
- Has a RA/JHA carried out and any risk mitigating measures derived from it implemented?
- Has the fixed / Portable gas detection system been in use?
- Has prior to entry atmosphere tests?
Example Readings: Oxygen 20.9 %vol (21%)Hydrocarbon 0 % LFL (Less than 1%)
Toxic Gases 0 ppm (specify gas & PEL)
- Is rescue and resuscitation equipment available for immediate use by the entrance to the space?
- Has the Officer of the Watch (bridge, engine room, cargo control room) been advised of the planned entry?
- Has a system of communication between the person at the entrance and those entering the space been agreed and tested?
- Are emergency and evacuation procedures established and understood?
- Is there a system for recording who is in the space?