Friday 31 October 2014

Making A Better Community Starts In An Individual

Basic and quality education are very important. My wife is a public school teacher and I really feel how hard her job. Even at home she has to work for the school. Sometimes we made arguments about extensions of her job at home. She said even if without extra payments she must do it for the sake of her students. Sometimes she told me that some of her students has financial problems. Some will go to school without food to eat. I may suggest to give additional wages to government employees especially to teachers. On the other hand, we have decided to promote our advocacy to share a little part of our blessings every year. We will be giving away basic needs to some of our neighbors who are less fortunate depending of our budget. I am a seafarer and presently a Chief Officer of a tanker from the year 2012 but when I will be on vacation we don't have additional income. I can also figure out some seafarers who are not officers struggled with financial problems due to the government offices for seafarers and OFWs are far away and it takes more money to be spent. I also wish to extend branches of MARINA, DFA, PRC, POEA, NTC and Maritime Training Center in Bohol or other provinces. For the reason that when a seafarer will be on vacation he can still have more time to be spent in the family. Most of the trainings and documents will be taken in Manila or other places. I believe that seafarers or OFWs contributed a great help to the country. I wish my fellow seafarers to have more time of vacation to their families. I think one solution will be the extension of government offices for the needs of seafarers or OFWs. I am from Bohol and this is really one of the needs as a seafarer or OFW. Our family supports the people of Bohol who were affected with the earthquake. Together we stand Bohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment